Are we currently hiring?: Yes.
- Open Positions: 1 Part Time Sales Position (10-15hrs/wk).
- • At least 18 years old.
• Regular access to private transportation (to work at either store; as buses do not go to Manlius). This opening is primarily for the Syracuse location though.
• Previous retail, customer service or diverse video game background preferred.
About Us / Our Culture
- We are a small, locally owned and operated company which runs two video game stores (one in Syracuse NY and one in Manlius NY)– We pride ourselves on being a non-corporate classic-style game store for the community. A wide range of games and systems (including Retro systems and classic video game systems), fair trade-in pricing, non-scripted and knowledgeable staff, and a focus on community gaming are some of what separate us from our national and regional competitors.
Our Ideal Employee
Our ideal employee would be someone who loves video games, is creative/geeky/nerdy, works hard/plays hard, is friendly and who is not afraid of a challenge or a stressful situation. It is not necessary for you to be knowledgeable on every system/game from day one, but an active interest and desire to learn more is a must. A wide range of video game knowledge and retail customer service experience also doesn’t hurt. Nope, doesn’t hurt at all.
The Downside To Work(ing for us)
- Despite being a fun, progressive and dynamic company, we are still a retail store and so typical item processing/pricing/cleaning and sales all still needs to take place, and can be, rather boring and/or rather stressful, at times. Additionally, we work with, and buy items directly from the general public, which can sometimes mean dealing with some unsavory characters (to put it nicely)… As an employee at Voltage, you will sometimes have to deal with people who are pushy, dishonest, obnoxious, and/or downright belligerent. You will also have to buy/clean/process items from the above people– and those items can be: dusty, dirty, smelly or just downright gross. If any of the above concern you or sounds intolerable– then this may not be the right job for you.
Want To Work With Us?
- If you are 18 or older, and you’d like to throw your hat in the ring, please print out and bring in the following employment.
Voltage Employment Application [PDF]
Note: This application is a PDF, it’s meant to be printed, filled out and returned to our store. It is recommended that you bring in the application when a manager is working and give the application directly to a manager. Feel free to call/ask on facebook to plan this out.
We thank you in advance for your interest in working with us.
Want To Follow Up On An Application?
- Contact us here or you can send us a Facebook message.
NOTE: WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DISCUSS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS OVER THE PHONE OR IN STORE.