- We currently have several positions open with a starting wage of $15/hr
Base Employee Requirements
- 18 or older, A high school diploma (or equivalent), decent to excellent knowledge of video games/systems and/or the gaming industry. Voltage Video Games is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us / Our Culture
- We are a small, locally owned and operated company which runs a video game store in Syracuse NY — We pride ourselves on being a non-corporate classic-style game store for the community. A wide range of games and systems (including Retro systems and classic video game systems), fair trade-in pricing, non-scripted and knowledgeable staff, and a focus on community gaming are some of what separate us from our national and regional competitors.
The Downside To Work(ing for us)
- Despite being a fun, progressive and dynamic company, we are still a retail store and so typical item processing/pricing/cleaning and sales all still needs to take place, and can be, rather boring and/or rather stressful, at times. Additionally, we work with, and buy items directly from the general public, which can sometimes mean dealing with some unsavory characters (to put it nicely)… As an employee at Voltage, you will sometimes have to deal with people who are pushy, dishonest, obnoxious, and/or downright belligerent. You will also have to buy/clean/process items from the above people– and those items can be: dusty, dirty, smelly or just downright gross. If any of the above concern you or sounds intolerable– then this may not be the right job for you.
Digital Application: Google Form Application
Printable Application: PDF Application
We thank you in advance for your interest in working with us.
Want To Follow Up On An Application?
- Contact us here or you can send us a Facebook message.
NOTE: WE DO NOT DISCUSS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS OVER THE PHONE OR IN STORE.